On The Couch with Rob van Vuuren


South African funny man Rob van Vuuren recently shared a little bit of insight as to who he is. 

SCN : Best gig you have ever performed at and which venue would you still LOVE to perform at?

RvV: Woah that's a tough one, luckily I've had lots of really cool gigs so it's difficult to pick a best one but I can pick quite a kak one where I performed at a funeral... by mistake. Similarly its difficult to pick a Venue im most looking forward to but I'm really looking forward to performing in New York next year.

SCN : Dancing, stand-up comedy, or performing both on stage and screen: for you which is the most difficult to prepare for?

RvV: Doing Strictly Come Dancing was definitely the most difficult thing I had to prepare for. I still wake up with sore feet.

SCN : When you were growing up, what did you dream of becoming?

RvV : I loved movies and books and I really wanted to be an actor but at that stage I was happy to end up in a video store or a library.

SCN : If you were invisible for a day, what would you get up to?

RvV: I'd sneak into Strve Hofmeyr's house and I'd whisper to him that the blacks' are coming for him... Oh wait he's already hearing that voice. 

SCN : How has fatherhood changed your world?
RvV: In so many ways. It's the most incredible thin
g to happen to me. Ever. You can never really be prepared for how much you are going to love your child.

SCN : Your best line that still makes you laugh?

RvV: If Jacob Zuma or Steve Hofmeyr had a super power it would be sperm.

SCN: Your first ever public performance, how did that go?

RvV: I grew up performing for my family so by the time I got on stage in Tom Sawyer as Tom Saywer's irritating cousin I was already good enough to grumble about the fact that I wasn't cast as Tom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At home with Jailoshini Naidoo

On the Couch with Elvis Govender

On The Couch with Damon Beard