On The Couch with ChianoSky



Sultry singer, ChianoSky has taken the South African music market by storm! Having recently released her much-anticipated debut album, Hungry, this raven-haired beauty is firmly cementing her petite feet and showing her critics that she is here to stay!
We recently caught up with Ms Sky to find out more about her.

SCN :  Who exactly is ChianoSky?
CS: An artistic soul who has been dreaming of an idea and is busy making it a reality.

SCN: Where did you grow up?
CS: I was born in Cape town , but raised in Joburg in a cosy home around Sundowner.

SCN: What is your favourite childhood memory?
CS: I played video games all day and all night when I was a child, Tetras and Super Mario were my favourites.

SCN: What inspired your love for music?
CS: I think music chose me, my dad liked the old school rock ‘n roll and my mom liked her jazz which definitely rubbed off one me and led me to discover artists such as Amy Winehouse, Marvin Gaye, Nina Simone etc who I fell so in love with and who taught me so much just by listening to their music and stories. I really can't remember wanting to be anything else but a musician / performer. I took part in as many music related activities and I have been writing lyrics and ideas down since I was a little girl.

SCN: Aside from music, what are your other "passions"'?
CS: I am an artistic person all round, I also sketch and paint. I am also passionate about photography, modeling, beading and hockey.

SCN: Who (locally or internationally) do you draw inspiration from?
CS: Etta James, Amy Winehouse, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, The Runaways, Kylie Minogue, Otis Redding etc.

SCN: What makes your music different to other contemporary artists?
CS: I think a lot of youngsters my age don't really understand or pay much attention to Jazz or Blues anymore especially in South Africa. Being 19 and putting out music that in our generation, in my opinion, has been forgotten definitely sets me apart.

SCN: Who (locally or internationally) would you like to collaborate with?
CS: Diana Ross , Kevin Brown , Mick Jagger , Kylie Minogue - the list goes on and on.

This or that
Pink, red or orange? Red, its truly the best color amongst the three.
Snow White, Ariel or Cinderella? Ariel, dig the long red hair and she's a mermaid thats a win!
Christian Louboutin heels or Converse takkies? Converse, I do enjoy my heels but I have been wearing Converse since I was a little girl.
Bikini or one-piece? Bikini, I’m more of a cat on the beach but when I do step out it’s in something that makes me feel sexy.
Live or lip synching? ALWAYS LIVE, anywhere, any time… lets go!

First word that comes to mind
Shave your head? … Britney Spears
Wear army green (clothing) for an entire day… Jungle
Power failure… bummer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At home with Jailoshini Naidoo

On The Couch with Damon Beard

On the Couch with Elvis Govender